5 Take Aways From The Carolina Panthers’ First Game

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 6
Next

Sep 13, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers tackle

Michael Oher

(73) in the second quarter of their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at EverBank Field. Mandatory Credit: Phil Sears-USA TODAY Sports

The offensive line did a great job as long as your name is not Michael Oher. Oher gave up 2 sacks and 2 pressures against a Jaguars team that is not a good defense in terms of getting to the quarterback. Hopefully he gets this out of his system but something tells me that is already a bad sign. He can not keep playing like that through the season or Cam Newton is going to get hurt badly. We did not look to sure up the LT position with proven talent or a good rookie so we are going to have to stick it out with him.

More from Cam Newton

Outside of Oher it looks like everyone did a very good job. Mike Remmers did the best job by far and only gave up 1 pressure the entire game. Remmers looks like he is a nice piece on that offensive line for the next few years at least. Daryl Williams went down with a sprained knee and that is not good news. Hopefully with him it is nothing more then a sprain. Williams is a key piece to this team’s offensive line.