5 Observations From Carolina Panthers Preseason Game #1

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 6
Next

Aug 14, 2015; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) looks to make a pass attempt during the first quarter against the Buffalo Bills in a preseason NFL football game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

Offense looked rusty but impressed on lone scoring drive (last drive for 1st team offense)

The first drive for the Carolina Panthers on offense was a disaster in their first preseason game. Cam Newton looked out of control and even Benjamin slipped on a good route. The entire 3 play drive lasted less than a minute. The offense at first had me worried but I knew it was preseason. The 2nd drive was pretty much more of the same as the 1st drive. Then the last drive and the one where the first team offense scored a touchdown proved to me they were all rusty on the first team offense. On the 3rd drive of the game Newton was hitting his usual targets of Benjamin and Olsen which is always the safest and best option. The O-Line protected Newton for those three series efficiently against a really good pass rushing defense.

Next: So, how did those young defensive ends do? Click Here To Find Out