Position By Position Grading Of The Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
8 of 8
Next

Jan 3, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman (24) warms up before the 2014 NFC Wild Card playoff football game against the Arizona Cardinals at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

The last group I will grade is the secondary which for years has been a problem with the Panthers’ defense. However, this group of players in the secondary are better than previous years by a country mile (a country mile is quite large I guess). Josh Norman emerged last season as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL statistically. Add in a young, but talented cornerback, Bene Benwikere to the mix and now you are looking at two of the best cornerbacks in the NFL right now.

I still have the lingering question of who will join them. I can see Melvin White and Chris Houston as depth on the team at cornerback so hopefully they can be the ones to join Norman and Benwikere. The safety group is solid and should be able to solidify the secondary. Also, the safety group has the right mix of veterans such as Roman Harper and talented youth such as Tre Boston. I would like to see who provides depth and if Harper is truly the starter the first game of the season. Kurt Coleman could take that starting spot from Harper or he could add depth there. My grade for this group is a B-.

Next: What To Look For At Carolina Panthers Traiing Camp