Carolina Panthers Twenty Bracket: Rivera Region Round 2

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 4
Next

May 28, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly walks to the practice field prior to the practice held at the Bank of America Stadium practice facility. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

2 Seed LUKE KUECHLY over 7 Seed Ryan Kalil

This one was tougher than a 2 seed beating a 7 seed. My gut always says to take the key offensive lineman when in doubt. My gut has not been talking to be about this one. Kalil has more years of service, but Kuechly stormed on to the scene. That NFL Defender of the Year trophy is too much to ignore. The mantle of best middle linebacker in the League is Kuechly’s for the taking.

3 Seed DAVE GETTLEMAN over 6 Seed Greg Olsen

This was another difficult one, because Gettleman’s achievements have yet to be written. Shaq Thompson and Devin Funches have no track record as picks yet. However the Panthers have cap room now. Newton was extended. The starting defensive tackles are set. Kony Ealy was available when Greg Hardy disappeared. Olsen has been active in the community and could have won this matchup with another big year.