Carolina Panthers Twenty Bracket: Round 2 Fox Region

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 4
Next

January 26, 2014; Honolulu, HI, USA; Team Rice offensive tackle Jordan Gross of the Carolina Panthers (69) blocks Team Sanders defensive end Mario Williams of the Buffalo Bills (94) during the third quarter of the 2014 Pro Bowl at Aloha Stadium. Team Rice defeated Team Sanders 22-21. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

2 Seed JORDAN GROSS over 10 Seed Chris Gamble

Do I regret making Gross a 2 seed? Not at all. I still believe his impact in the trenches was more important to the Panthers than a lot of things. That includes whatever Gamble offered at the corner. If Gamble was an out and out great corner, then maybe this would be different. However on to the Sweet Sixteen with the big left tackle.

3 Seed JAKE DELHOMME over 6 Seed Kris Jenkins

Who was the determining factor during thee Panthers’ good years? Delhomme. When he was healthy, the Panthers were a different team. When he was not, then they came back to Earth. Sure it wasn’t through overwhelming arm strength, but Delhomme could find ways to win. When he was healthy, he could find ways not to lose too. Jenkins had his share of health problems without the longevity in Charlotte that Jake had.