Carolina Panthers Twenty Bracket: Rivera Region

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 10
Next

Aug 9, 2013; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers team logo on the sideline before the game against the Chicago Bears at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

So we have made it at last to the final and most recent region, the Rivera Region. The people in this region have been the big players in the most recent run of success for the Panthers. These are the two time defending NFC South Champions. They are headed by two of the NFL’s most dynamic players Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly.

This is the team that current hopes are based. They are financially piloted by general manager Dave Gettleman, who has been fighting back against cap restraints.

Structurally the Panthers are not much different than have been throughout their tenure. They have a defensive minded head coach with an interest in running the football. That was true in 1996 and 2003 as well. The difference is the star power. Cam Newton lights up conversations in ways that Jake Delhomme never did. We look forward to see if patchwork line 2.0 can protect Newton and build on last season.