Davidson Wildcats get no love from Bracketologists

facebooktwitterreddit

I guess I am missing the point of the NCAA bubble. The Davidson Wildcats are in position to take a run at the Atlantic Ten regular season title and somehow someway they are a NCAA Tournament bubble team. The Wildcats (21-6, 12-4) could lose to the VCU tonight. However they should beat Duquesne, their last game of the year. That would make them at worse second place in conference tied with VCU and Rhode Island.

Live Feed

Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup at Marshall Thundering Herd
Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup at Marshall Thundering Herd /

Busting Brackets

  • Rhode Island vs Providence: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV scheduleBusting Brackets
  • Atlantic 10 Basketball: Impact of league's "European Influence"Busting Brackets
  • Rhode Island Basketball: Preview of games vs Providence, Brown, and College of CharlestonBusting Brackets
  • Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup with Nebraska CornhuskersBusting Brackets
  • Dayton vs LSU: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV scheduleBusting Brackets
  • I have to wonder what is going on with the bracket guys when the second or third best team in the Atlantic 10 is considered to be one of the first five out. Didn’t Davidson leave the Southern Conference to avoid scenarios like this?

    Also, where are the glut of teams that are going keep Davidson out. The nation’s best conference, the ACC, is only looking at six bids at most. The Big Ten hasn’t done anything to warrant large numbers of teams either, although they were smart not to cluster everybody at the top or bottom. Illinois is one the first five out, which means the Big Ten is looking at seven bids. Why?

    More from Old North Banter

    The new Big East is not looking particularly tough either, with maybe three or four bids. The one development that I understand is the Missouri Valley Conference which deserves Wichita State and Northern Iowa in the tourney regardless of the result of the Conference tournament.

    So it is up to Davidson to make up the minds of the bracketologists for them. They need to beat VCU tonight and Duquesne to end the season. Hopefully that would be enough for everybody. Dayton could be nice and lose to LaSalle, but that really is asking too much here.

    Ironically we could be headed for the very same situation that Davidson has faced most years, win the conference tournament or prepare for NIT ball. At least the scenario will be familiar.