Old North State Power Rankings Week 2 Edition

facebooktwitterreddit

The problem with Week 2 of Power Rankings is that no one plays anybody in week 1 normally, so there aren’t many changes. In fact you’ll notice only one change in the list from last week. Spoilers, you get to it pretty fast.

More from North Carolina Sports

1.East Carolina Pirates (1-0)

Not that fast. The Pirates started a little slow against North Carolina Central as the Eagles tried to show they belonged in the first quarter. After that, it was pretty much ECU’s show. I think the turning play belonged to Justin Hardy throwing a touchdown pass to Isaiah Jones on a sweet reverse pass. The Pirates have the chance to make some big noise this week against South Carolina. On any given Saturday…

2.Duke Blue Devils (1-0)

Duke handled Elon in the fashion one would expect of an FBS school playing a retooling FCS one. North Carolina had its scary moments against Liberty, so I am giving the Blue Devils the edge this time. Duke didn’t appear to miss Brown and Deaver, and Boone was efficient. Also look out for an underrated Duke running game in the future.

3.North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0)

North Carolina tried to give away the game in the first half before roaring back in the second half against Liberty. If they had played both halves equally, they would still be in the two slot. The good news for Heels fans is that the starting secondary returns for San Diego State, and that Marquise Williams has been designated the starting quarterback. Mitch Trubisky will still play here and there, but that distraction is at an end.

Live Feed

NCAA: Thanks to a judge from Ohio, the transfer portal just got even crazier
NCAA: Thanks to a judge from Ohio, the transfer portal just got even crazier /

Garnet and Cocky

  • NCAA Basketball: Picks for Day 37 of the 2023-2024 SeasonBusting Brackets
  • Georgetown vs Notre Dame: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV scheduleBusting Brackets
  • Alabama Football: A Crimson Tide Transfer Portal wish listBama Hammer
  • NCAA Basketball: Picks for Day 37 of the 2023-24 seasonBusting Brackets
  • NCAA Basketball: 12 teams that should target transfer Nae'Qwan TomlinBusting Brackets
  • 4.NC State Wolfpack (1-0)

    NC State played a game that probably tried the hearts of the Wolfpack faithful. In the end, Jacoby Brissett and the gang got the last score they needed. Then the defense stopped the Georgia Southern attack on 4th down to seal it. NC State plays Old Dominion this week, so there should be an opportunity to straighten things out.

    5.Appalachian State Mountaineers (0-1)

    Weighing the App loss to Michigan against the Wake loss to Louisiana Monroe is hard to do. Ultimately, I decided to leave the order alone for this week. The Mountaineers were beaten by a bigger margin, but also scored more offensive points. The Campbell game will be a good opportunity to get back on track.

    6.Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-1)

    Wake remains at the bottom this week with its offensive no show at Louisiana-Monroe. There were good things about the Wake defense in that game, and that means that Wake might hang around in games all season. Whether that’s enough to outdo my opening prediction, only time can tell.

    SEASON PREDICTION TOTALS: 4-0

    Please like our Facebook page, here.