NC Players on AFC South Rosters

facebooktwitterreddit

Part 3 brings us to the AFC South region, home of the Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tennessee Titans. This region features one quarterback on the rise, Andrew Luck, and three teams trying to sort out disappointment. Chris Johnson used to call home here but he is now on the Jets. TJ Yates used to call home here too, but now he is with the Falcons. The key players from our Old North State who are here are largely transplants looking for new starts. There are also appearances of some of the smaller schools including Winston Salem State and Appalachian State.

Jun 17, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans running back Andre Brown (33) goes through drills during mini camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Richardson-USA TODAY Sports

HOUSTON TEXANS

Andre Brown – RB –NC State
Tim Jackson –DT –North Carolina
Brennan Williams –OT –North Carolina

Andre Brown showed his value last year as a running back with the New York Giants. He can now become the change up guy here in Houston behind Arrian Foster. He takes the place of Ben Tate, who previously held that role.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Hakeem Nicks –WR –North Carolina
Tony Washington –WR –Appalachian State

Hakeem Nicks has been a productive receiver for the Giants, but last year was a bit of a disappointment with injuries and the Giants underperforming in general. It will be interesting to see if he can reclaim his form by playing with Andrew Luck and company.

More from Carolina Panthers

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Jerome Junior –S –Winston Salem State
Demetrius McCray –CB –Appalachian State

Appalachian State is starting to appear more frequently in this division.

November 24, 2013; Oakland, CA, USA; Tennessee Titans linebacker Patrick Bailey (57) warms up before the game against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum. The Titans defeated the Raiders 23-19. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

TENNESSEE TITANS

Patrick Bailey –LB –Duke
Zack Brown –LB –North Carolina

In general there are not very many North Carolina products in the AFC South, so we will have to keep looking to see where our players might be proliferating at. The AFC South does not overlap very much with ACC territory despite being in the ‘south.’