NCAA Tournament 2013: NC State Wolfpack Given No. 8 Seed in East Bracket

facebooktwitterreddit

The North Carolina State Wolfpack are miserable at this point of the season. They haven’t lived up to expectations and the chemistry within the team is falling apart. However, despite their downed morale at the end of the season, they were selected for the No. 8 seed in the East bracket.

Mar 16, 2013; Greensboro, NC, USA; North Carolina State Wolfpack guard Rodney Purvis (0) goes to the basket against Miami Hurricanes forward/center Julian Gamble (45) during the semifinals of the ACC tournament at Greensboro Coliseum. Miami defeated North Carolina State 81-71. Mandatory Credit: John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sports

In all honesty, I was expecting a lower seed for the Wolfpack. Coming off some miserable losses in the regular season, and not having a very impressive resume to begin with, I just didn’t see them getting even as high up as eighth in their region.

They will kick the 2013 NCAA Tournament off with the Temple Owls. This will be a great game to watch as both of these teams are rather evenly matched up. It’s hard to predict the outcome of this game accurately because of how close these teams compare in stats.

The winner will face the winner of Indiana vs. LIU-B/JMU in round two of the tournament.

Depending on how far State and other teams make it in this year’s tournament they could face some tough challenges from the likes of Indiana, UNLV, Syracuse, Butler, Marquette, Colorado, and Miami.

I have Temple defeating the Wolfpack in the first round on my bracket, what about yours?