NCAA Tournament 2013: Davidson Wildcats Selected as No. 14 Seed in East Bracket

facebooktwitterreddit

The Davidson Wildcats will be making their second consecutive appearance in the NCAA Tournament in the past two years. Last season they were defeated by Louisville in the first round. This year they look to improve on that.

Mar 11, 2013; Asheville, NC, USA; Davidson Wildcats forward De

They were given the No. 14 seed in the East bracket this year. They will have to play the very hot and talented Marquette basketball team which landed the No. 3 seed. It won’t be an easy feat for the Wildcats this year if they want to go deep in the tournament. They have Indiana, Miami, and Syracuse among the many others in their regional.

The Wildcats are coming off their Southern Conference championship tournament victory. Davidson of course is known for their Cinderella story of 2008 where they nearly made it to the Final Four. They lost by two points to Kansas in the Elite Eight.

While Davidson has been playing well, I don’t see them being strong enough to challenge for an upset against Marquette. However, should they win, they would go on to play the winner of the Butler v. Bucknell game in round two.

I have the Wildcats once again, losing in the first round on my bracket. What about your bracket?