NFL Free Agency: Cam Newton Has No Intentions to Leave Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit

While Cam Newton is not yet a free agent until next year when the team can resign him, Newton is making his plans known to the public.

Dec 22, 2012; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) runs for a touchdown as Oakland Raiders outside linebacker Miles Burris (56) defends in the second quarter at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

The third-year quarterback said in an interview that he has no plans to leave the Panthers organization anytime soon.

"“I have no intentions of leaving. I started something here and intend to finish it here just like at Auburn. We have the talent here to do big things. It’s a process and we hope to build a dynasty.” – Cam Newton to CBS Charlotte"

Newton last season threw for 3,860 yards and for nineteen touchdowns. He rushed for 741 yards and scored eight rushing touchdowns.

In just two seasons in the National Football League, Newton has compiled some very impressive stats. He has a career total of 7,920 passing yards, forty touchdowns, and has a 58.9 percent completion record. In his rushing column he has rushed for 1,447 yards, twenty-two touchdowns, and only fumbled the ball six times.

Newton is very focused on continuing to help his Panthers offensive unit grow. He wants to help building something very special that Panthers’ fans have not seen before. He wants to build a family, a dynasty, and a championship contending team.

Newton certainly has the tools himself, a former BCS Champion at Auburn, all he needs is more weapons around him to make it happen.