Preview: Carolina Hurricanes vs. New Jersey Devils

facebooktwitterreddit

Tonight the Carolina Hurricanes (6-4-1) continue their road trip as they will travel to Newark to play the New Jersey Devils (8-1-3) tonight.

Feb 11, 2013; Uniondale, NY, USA; Carolina Hurricanes center

Jiri Tlusty

(19) celebrates his goal with teammates during the third period against the New York Islanders at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Carolina won 6-4. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports

The road has been rather kind on the Hurricanes so far this season, but playing at home has been extremely friendly for the Devils.

The Hurricanes are shooting 3.09 goals per game against New Jersey’s 2.75, but the Devils have only allowed 1.92 goals per game.

Though, fresh off of a win against the Islanders, the Hurricanes have their work cut out for them against one of the league’s best teams.

David Clarkson has nine goals this season and Patrik Elias has eleven assists.

"“I think the big thing right now is this team is winning,” said Clarkson. “It doesn’t matter who’s scoring. The puck’s going in, but it doesn’t matter who it is. We’re doing good things.”"

In the past eight games between these two teams, New Jersey has taken home the win in seven while Carolina has only grabbed a single victory over the Devils.