Duke Rebounds Big Against Georgia Tech: 73-57

facebooktwitterreddit

After North Carolina State upset the Duke Blue Devils this past weekend, it send Duke into the ranks of no longer being undefeated. Now no school is undefeated and Duke welcomed the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets into town to get back on track.

Jan 17, 2013; Durham, NC, USA; Duke Blue Devils guard Seth Curry (30) shoots over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets guard/forward Marcus Georges-Hunt (3) during the second half at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark Dolejs-USA TODAY Sports

Georgia Tech showed strength early on and stayed in the game in the first half. In fact they went back into the locker room for halftime with a one point lead, 28-27, over the Blue Devils.

However, the second half was too much for the Jackets to handle and Duke left Georgia Tech behind in the dust. With 21 turnovers it was no surprise Duke was able to surmount a comeback and dominate the second half for the win.

The Blue Devils are still trying to figure out who they are without Ryan Kelly who is out indefinitely.

"“The biggest thing is, we have to find a new identity because we are a different team” Mason Plumlee said. “Whatever that is, we have to find it. We have to play to our strengths, and we’re not the same team that was (15-0).”"

Mason Plumlee played all 40 minutes with 16 points and 13 rebounds.

Seth Curry lead the Blue Devils slamming up 24 points.

Chris Bolden was the leader for Georgia Tech with 20 points and four rebounds.

Duke will continue to learn to play with Ryan Kelly as they move on to Miami next Wednesday night!