Bobcats Lose 8th Straight Game As the Warriors Win, 104-96

facebooktwitterreddit

An old familiar tune is being played through out Charlotte right now as the Bobcats played host to the Golden State Warriors. With the Warriors in town it marks the return of a familiar name in North Carolina, Harrison Barnes.

Golden State practically gave up in the fourth quarter and still cruised onward to a 104-96 point victory.

Stephen Curry put on a great show for his hometown crowd. He even said he was not nervous for the first time playing in front of his hometown.

While Charlotte lost their eight consecutive game, Curry scored at least twenty points in his eight consecutive game and went on to put up twenty-seven points, seven rebounds, and seven assists.

"“This meant a lot,” Curry said. “I didn’t play here last year because I was hurt and we got beat. But the anticipation was high for this game. Seeing my family and to have a performance like we did tonight was definitely the icing on the cake.”"

For the Bobcats, Kemba Walker again was the key player on the court. Twenty-four points and six assists on the night for Walker who is showing a lot of strength as the season moves on.

"“We’ve got to play that way from the start,” Walker said to ESPN on the Bobcats fourth quarter. “That’s it. We waited too long to play that way. I take full responsibility. I’ve got to set the tone early and I didn’t do that.”"

Ben Gordon was again the Bobcats key player off of the bench. It’s a roll that seems to fit Gordon really well as he has played some of his best ball off the bench this season for Charlotte. He had fourteen points on the night!

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had seventeen point, 7 rebounds, and three assists.

One of the most embrassing games for the Bobcats this season included eight air balls, where four came from the same player, Byron Mullens.