Larry Fedora Assures Recruit He’s Staying at UNC

facebooktwitterreddit

Well, I’ve said it before and I’m going to say it again. Larry Fedora isn’t going anywhere folks! This time, the news is coming from his recruits and more specifically his 2013 recruit, Jordan Fieulleteau.

Nov 10, 2012; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; North Carolina Tar Heels head coach Larry Fedora runs on to the field before the game at Kenan Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

While Fedora nor UNC Athletic Director Bubba Cunningham have chosen to comment on the Tennessee coaching rumors, you have to respect their right not to if they so choose. However, don’t let that upset you and worry you that Fedora could be leaving. It’s all rumors.

Fieulleteau called defensive line coach Deke Adams over the weekend and was assured by Adams that it was all rumors.

Then yesterday, Fieulleteau called Fedora himself and was pretty upfront with Fedora.

He told Fedora that he had committed to him and that he wanted to know the truth. Fedora simply responded by assuring Jordan he was not leaving and that it was all rumors. Further more he told the young recruit that he doesn’t plan on leaving North Carolina anytime soon and has no plans of ever leaving on his own decision.

"“I know he’ll honor his word. He’s a man of his word. You can’t just talk to a kid and tell him – not make him a promise, but tell him something and then go back on your word. So I’m 100 percent confident that he’ll stay at UNC,” Fieulleteau said."

It appears that Fedora has long term goals at UNC and sees a big time plan for the Tar Heels in the long run. Maybe the ACC and NCAA Football is already witnessed the beginning of a new dynasty in college football!?