Blue Devils, Sulaimon Defeat Ohio State, 73-68

facebooktwitterreddit

Duke has been on fire this season and succeeded everyone’s expectations and last night headed into Cameron Indoor Stadium on fire and seeking revenge from last year’s loss against Ohio State.

Nov 28, 2012; Durham, NC, USA; Duke Blue Devils guard Rasheed Sulaimon (14) dunks against the Ohio State Buckeyes during the second half at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark Dolejs-US PRESSWIRE

While it was a team effort to come form behind for the victory, there was one particular freshman who can take home the honors of making a name for himself. Rasheed Sulaimon made all 17 of his points in the second half and once he began to shoot them, they just feel in like a magnet.

“I let my teammates down in the beginning, not playing as well as I could be, and (coach Mike Krzyzewski) really got on me at halftime,” Sulaimon told ESPN. “I just love these guys and wanted to go out there and respond.”

Ohio State led the early charge but would not hold onto the lead once the game began to come to a close. Deshaun Thomas led the Buckeyes with 16 points. Amir Williams led the rebound stats with 10 and a block to go with it. Shannon Scott has three assist and two steals for the Buckeyes.

For the remaining  Blue Devils it was all a Miles Plumlee show. He scored 21 points and rebounded the ball 17 times. Quinn Cook had 8 assists and 2 steals and Ryan Kelly would have 3 blocks to lead the Blue Devils to victory.

As Duke looked to revenge their loss last season, they also proved they are going to be tough to beat this season.