Duke Blue Devils: Duke NBA 2k17 Custom Team Roster

Apr 23, 2017; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving (2) brings the ball up court against the Indiana Pacers in game four of the first round of the 2017 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 23, 2017; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving (2) brings the ball up court against the Indiana Pacers in game four of the first round of the 2017 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit

The Duke Blue Devils have raised their NBA success profile lately. Let’s see what that hypothetical Duke team looks like.

The Duke Blue Devils have eight players that are theoretically active in this year’s NBA Playoffs. Since we put together the team of Tar Heels as it would appear in NBA 2k17, we might as well put together the Blue Devils team as well.

One of the things to notice is the relative balance of power between the two schools these days. The Blue Devils have gone on a tear of sending one-and-done players into the pros and that has started flipping the relative reputations of the two.

When I created this Duke two years ago, it had very little guard depth behind Kyrie Irving. The situation is somewhat better today. Also there is the potential for three Plumlees to appear on the roster. Or not, it all depends on the ratings.

Duke Blue Devils Custom NBA 2k17 Roster

More from Duke Blue Devils

Starters

C – Mason Plumlee (79) Denver

PF – Jabari Parker (83) Milwaukee

SF – Justise Winslow (76) Miami

SG – J.J. Redick (79) LA Clippers

PG – Kyrie Irving (90) Cleveland

Reserves

SG – Rodney Hood (79) Utah

PG – Austin Rivers (78) LA Clippers

Duke Blue Devils Basketball
Duke Blue Devils Basketball /

Duke Blue Devils Basketball

C – Jahlil Okafor (75) Philadelphia

SG – Seth Curry (75) Dallas

SG – Gerald Henderson (74) Philadelphia

PG – Tyus Jones (73) Minnesota

PF – Josh McRoberts (72) Miami

Inactive

SF – Brandon Ingram (72) LA Lakers

SF – Mike Dunleavy (71) Atlanta

SF – Lance Thomas (71) New York

Comments

What difference two years makes. On that 2k15 team, the Blue Devils still had Brand and Boozer but not much guard support. Now they have much more depth at the guard and wing spots. Miles and Marshall Plumlee only had ratings in the 60s, so neither of them made the fifteen man roster here.

Next: Kevin Knox's Two Day Wooing Process

The final thing I would note is that the upper part of the Duke roster is a good bit better than the upper part of the Tar Heels roster. You have Irving at a 90 with Parker at 83. Both of them rate better than Harrison Barnes and the rating that follow are deeper as well. I’m thinking that Duke would win this matchup.