Carolina Panthers: NFL First Round Mock Draft

Apr 28, 2016; Chicago, IL, USA; Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech) with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after being selected by the Carolina Panthers as the number thirty overall pick in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft at Auditorium Theatre. Mandatory Credit: Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 28, 2016; Chicago, IL, USA; Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech) with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after being selected by the Carolina Panthers as the number thirty overall pick in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft at Auditorium Theatre. Mandatory Credit: Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 7
Next
carolina panthers
Apr 28, 2016; Chicago, IL, USA; Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech) with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after being selected by the Carolina Panthers as the number thirty overall pick in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft at Auditorium Theatre. Mandatory Credit: Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports /

The Carolina Panthers will be adding a first round piece, but how does it fit in with everybody else’s first round aspirations?

The Carolina Panthers pick number eight in the first round of the upcoming draft. What they do at pick eight will be decided by the other teams that draft ahead of the Panthers. Then the teams drafting behind the Panthers will help shape the rest of the Panthers draft experience. The clearest way to show that is to mock it ourselves.

More from Old North Banter

It may be the only mock draft that I do in the run up to the real draft or some blockbuster trade could screw everything up and make this draft below seem null and void.

With two articles earlier this week, I looked at the perils of trading up or down and the difficulty that often resulted. So I am not going to trade anybody in this particular mock draft until there some sign that a trade is coming. Simply having assets does not mean there will be a trade.

With those things addressed, let’s kick this show down the road and start drafting people. We should also probably unmix our metaphors before we get too far.

53. There is no decision to make here. <a rel=. Defensive End. Texas A&amp;M. Myles Garrett. 1. player

player. 42. What do you get the team that needs everything? Not a quarterback, because <a rel=. Defensive End. Stanford. Solomon Thomas. 2