Carolina Panthers: Seven Round Draft Projection (Just Panthers)

Oct 10, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; A Carolina Panthers helmet lays on the field prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Bank of America Stadium. The Bucs defeated the Panthers 17-14. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Oct 10, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; A Carolina Panthers helmet lays on the field prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Bank of America Stadium. The Bucs defeated the Panthers 17-14. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 5
Next
November 26, 2016; Stanford, CA, USA; Stanford Cardinal running back Christian McCaffrey (5) runs against Rice Owls cornerback Brandon Douglas (26), defensive end Brady Wright (40), and defensive end Blain Padgett (90) during the second quarter at Stanford Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
November 26, 2016; Stanford, CA, USA; Stanford Cardinal running back Christian McCaffrey (5) runs against Rice Owls cornerback Brandon Douglas (26), defensive end Brady Wright (40), and defensive end Blain Padgett (90) during the second quarter at Stanford Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports /

The Carolina Panthers are drafting soon, let’s see what that might look like with no trades and no fuss. Just lots of finger-crossing.

The Carolina Panthers will be drafting some new players here in just about a week. They have done the traditional Gettleman thing of coming into the Draft with no glaring need. Instead there are just different opportunities to follow up on.

More from Old North Banter

The past two Panthers articles focused on trading. They looked at trading up and down and all around. Now we will turn to a speed highway of just going with the flow. No trades here, just straight picks in each round. There may be signs of unreasonable optimism, but otherwise this is how it could unfold in a week’s time.

The overarching theme will be winning now while building depth on the back end. These are players who can fit with this Cam NewtonJonathan Stewart team now and then can come into their own later. The one thing I will spoil for you right here is there is no kicker pick. I seriously considered taking Conrad Ukropina to challenge Graham Gano and at least scare him a little bit.

I found this group of players to be mildly unconventional to say the least. It is a Dave Gettleman group of guys I think. Of coure that would mean they all play defensive tackle…