Wake Forest Demon Deacons: How’s Danny Manning Doing?

Mar 7, 2017; Brooklyn, NY, USA; Wake Forest Demon Deacons head coach Danny Manning reacts during the second half against the Boston College Eagles during the ACC Conference Tournament at Barclays Center. Wake Forest won 92-78. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
Mar 7, 2017; Brooklyn, NY, USA; Wake Forest Demon Deacons head coach Danny Manning reacts during the second half against the Boston College Eagles during the ACC Conference Tournament at Barclays Center. Wake Forest won 92-78. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 6
Next
wake forest demon deacons
Mar 7, 2017; Brooklyn, NY, USA; Wake Forest Demon Deacons head coach Danny Manning reacts during the second half against the Boston College Eagles during the ACC Conference Tournament at Barclays Center. Wake Forest won 92-78. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports /

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons are going into year four of Coach Danny Manning. Are we just optimistic about the outcome? Perhaps we should go back to the criteria we set up in 2014.

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons are at a crossroads this season. From here on out, all of the players are Coach Manning’s players. This past season saw a nucleus of mostly Coach Manning guys make the NCAA Tournament. Is he meeting the bar?

First, let’s go back to 2014 and discuss what happens to Tulsa produced coaches generally. This list does not include Frank Haith, because he was not going up to the Tulsa job, but he was looking a safety net after the Missouri NCAA inquiry.

What can the Tulsa Golden Hurricane do for you? That is the question that Wake Forest fans should be asking as they enter their fourth season with head coach Danny Manning. Tulsa, the small private school in Oklahoma, has a pretty good track record of producing head coaches.

This where Nolan Richardson refined his ideas from 1980-85. This is where Tubby Smith was from 1991-1995. This is where Bill Self was from 1997-2000. Using 1980, we are going to look at the coaches who used Tulsa as their springboard and what they did thereafter to see if that tells anything about Coach Manning.