Carolina Panthers: Got Beasted By Suh

Dec 20, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (93) looks on from the bench during the fourth quarter against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Dec 20, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (93) looks on from the bench during the fourth quarter against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit

The Carolina Panthers were beaten last year…in training camp…by the Dolphins.

Are you under the belief that the Carolina Panthers’ most devastating defeat was in the Super Bowl to the Denver Broncos? Well it pleases me to let you know that you are in fact wrong. The Super Bowl loss was not the biggest loss nor was the regular season loss to the Atlanta Falcons the biggest loss. No the Panthers got dominated much earlier than that.

According to reports from Will Brinson of CBS Sports, Ndamukong Suh is under the impression that the Miami Dolphins inflicted the most damage on the Carolina Panthers before the season even started. Yes the outspoken defensive tackle insisted that the Dolphins destroyed the Panthers in offseason workouts and scrimmages. You know, when things really matter.

I’m not sure what is going on here exactly. The Dolphins season turned into a disaster which got their coach fired at about midseason. Suh famously called his own plays on defense and evidently told his teammates they were not worthy of him. I guess this is Suh burnishing his ego. I’m so good, I took down the NFC Champs in training camp.

I suppose that I would have to congratulate Suh then. If he laid bare the team’s shortcomings at that early date then the Panthers seem to have taken the time to fix them. Then the result was a 15-1 regular season before facing the Broncos in the Super Bowl. On the other hand the Dolphins must have become overconfident in their own abilities.

More from Old North Banter

Part of this may be Suh’s desire to pile on after the Super Bowl loss. Broncos players, Seahawks players, and others took shots at Cam Newton after the game. Perhaps he wanted to get his two cents in as well.

To paraphrase Brinson: Your 2015 Offseason Champions: The Miami Dolphins.

The Panthers do not face the AFC East division this year, so they would be unable to get revenge on Suh until Super Bowl LI. Mark it down.