Quick Week 6 Preview For The Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit

Oct 4, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers head coach

Ron Rivera

waits for a review during the fourth quarter of an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium. Carolina won 37-23. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

I am going to go over 5 keys to a victory for the Carolina Panthers against the Seattle Seahawks. As a side note I have been extremely busy recently because I just started a new job (I am a computer programmer outside of being a huge sports fan). I will be writing articles here and there as much as I can so be on the look out for those articles. Here are my 5 keys to victory.

Make Russell Wilson Run For His Life

Two weeks ago in Tampa Bay the Panthers made Jameis Winston uncomfortable and it paid off in a big way. The Panthers have to repeat that performance and then some to make Wilson commit to bad ideas. If the Panthers give Wilson plenty of time in the pocket or space to run outside the pocket he could potentially make them pay badly. Wilson has not had a great year but that is no reason to believe he is not dangerous.

Cam Newton Has To Bring His A+ Game

Cam Newton has been playing the best of his career in my opinion this season so far. If the Panthers want to walk out of Seattle with a win he will have to play at the best level he is capable of. Seattle is not an easy team to beat anywhere but at home they are almost unbeatable. Newton will have to protect the ball and not turn it over. He will also have to move the offense down the field consistently to help this team win.

Special Teams Has To Be WAYYYYYYYY BETTER

The Panthers have not had many struggles through the first 4 games but special teams is a big exception to this. The Seahawks have a punt returner that will make you pay for missing tackles or leaving open holes for him to run into. If you limit the Seahawks to no special teams scores you will hurt their ability to win the game.

Ron Rivera Has To Break The Streak

It seems like every year Ron Rivera’s teams come out of the bye week looking completely lost. I think Rivera may allow too much resting during the bye week and not enough staying in game rhythm. If Rivera has this team focused and not too much resting this would help the team get that W.

More from Cam Newton

Josh Norman Has To Keep It Up

Josh Norman is slowly becoming a star at his position in the NFL. He will have to play like that against the Seahawks if the Panthers want to win. He is looking for a contract and he is playing like a player who will get that contract. If he creates chaos on the field then that will be a nightmare for the Seahawks offense.

It seems like the Panthers will have to play perfect to get the win in Seattle and that is the truth. I originally predicted a loss for the Panthers this week but I have changed my tune. I think the Panthers get their first win against the Seahawks this week. I am going 21-13 Panthers and I still keep my overall record prediction of 12-4. GO PANTHERS!

Next: Lessons from Saints-Falcons