PREVIEW: NC State meets South Alabama Jaguars

facebooktwitterreddit

On Saturday, September 26, 2015, Dave Doeren and his NC State Wolfpack travel south to play the South Alabama Jaguars (2-1) at Ladd Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Alabama.  NC State (3-0) is looking to jump out to a 4-0 start before the much-anticipated October 3, 2015 showdown with the Louisville Cardinals at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh.

The Jaguars are coming off a 27-24 overtime win against San Diego State last Saturday.  Sophomore Xavier Johnson rushed for a career high 142 yards while quarterback Cody Clements passed for 270 yards as the Jaguars racked up 511 total yards.  Head coach Joey Jones is in his 8th year with the Jaguars and his teams lone loss came at the hands of the Nebraska Cornhuskers 48-9.

More from North Carolina State Wolfpack

Meanwhile, the Pack is riding high off an impressive road win against a team they were supposed to defeat, but there were no let downs or major injuries to note.

NC State leads the overall series (2-0) against the Jaguars with wins coming in 2011 and 2012 by a combined score of 66-20.  South Alabama is the second Sun Belt Conference team to face the Pack this season (Troy 49-21 win).

“For us, it’s about going on the road and playing another night game,” NC State head coach Dave Doeren said. “We’ll wait all day to play again, and I know our guys are excited for the opportunity.”

The Pack needs to continue doing what it does best and that’s run the football on the legs of Matt Dayes and the recently returned Shadrach Thornton.  Thankfully, South Alabama should not pose any more of a threat than the teams the Wolfpack has already beaten.  The Jaguars are allowing 32.7 PPG in its first three games of the season.

PREDICTION:   NC State    31 –  South Alabama 21

Time: 8:00pm

TV:   ESPN News

Next: Stopping the Triple Option