Recap Of The Charlotte Hornets In Summer League Play

facebooktwitterreddit

Dec 19, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Charlotte Hornets head coach Steve Clifford (R) talks to assistant head coach

Patrick Ewing

(L) during the first quarter against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wells Fargo Center. Mandatory Credit: John Geliebter-USA TODAY Sports

The Orlando Summer League came to an end yesterday and the last game featured the Charlotte Hornets against the Brooklyn Nets. The Hornets only won two games the entire summer league and both came against the Nets.

147. 82. 170. Final. 73

Yesterday we got a chance to see what happens when P.J. Hairston and Frank “The Tank” Kaminsky are both having great games together. It was a good sight for Hornets’ fans because it shows they could both, along with Troy Daniels, provide some much needed scoring. Also, Daniels, Hairston, and Kaminsky space the floor so well it allows players like Aaron Harrison to find great driving lanes for easy scores.

More from Old North Banter

I hope to see Hairston as the back up to MKG and not Marvin “I am overpaid” Williams because Hairston has the potential to explode any given night. A rotational line up of Jeremy Lin, Troy Daniels, P.J. Hairston, Frank Kaminsky, and Spencer Hawes could become a nightmare for opposing teams.

More from Charlotte Hornets

The Hairston legal issues seem to have been a misunderstanding according to Hairston himself so I have some faith restored. I hope to see Aaron Harrison make the roster as well because if injuries occur (which they often do) it is good to have a guy of his ability to play both guard spots sitting on the bench. It shouldn’t be long for the Hornets to decide if they are going to sign him or not.

This summer league taught me that summer league is meant for players to show off how much they have grown as players. Hairston was passing incredibly well and rebounding good. Daniels was shooting even better (did not know that could be done) and he played great defense outside of game one.

Live Feed

EuroLeague transfer rumors: Frank Kaminsky, Terrence Ross, and more
EuroLeague transfer rumors: Frank Kaminsky, Terrence Ross, and more /

FanSided

  • Hawks’ Bogdan Bogdanovic draws praise from former teammateSoaring Down South
  • Former Charlotte Hornets big man signs with team in SerbiaSwarm and Sting
  • Boston Celtics can explore adding ex-college player of the year in training campHardwood Houdini
  • 5 Former Charlotte Hornets who are still free agentsSwarm and Sting
  • Big Ten Basketball: Ranking of 25 best players from last decade (2013-23)Busting Brackets
  • Summer league also taught me that players like Kaminsky are ready to play from day one because they are mature enough and understand roles better. Crazy as it sounds I am more excited for the Hornets in the coming season than I was with last year’s team. I knew last year they had limitations but I feel like this team has less limitations. This team can score and play good defense. In basketball that is all you can ask for. Hopefully the front office looks into signing Jordan Hill, Aaron Harrison, and CDR (Chris Douglas-Roberts) as depth. Go Hornets!

    Next: Linsanity Comes to the Hornets