FBS Preview: College Football Week 14

facebooktwitterreddit

Week 14 means the last of the FBS Preview pieces for this year. Also none of the North Carolina FCS teams made the playoff, so we are done with them also. The final week of the season is a little strange. The ACC once tried to say that they would not schedule cross-divisional matchups on the last weekend of the season to avoid repeats in the ACC title game. Yet we have two of those rivalry matchups this week.

More from Appalachian State Mountaineers

Friday – 11/28

East Carolina Pirates (7-3) at Tulsa Golden Hurricane (2-9)
Time: 8:30
TV: ESPNU

Thanksgiving will be over, but the American Athletic Conference keeps on giving. East Carolina has slight hopes to claim a share of the American title and has to beat hapless Tulsa in order to have a chance. So go forth and score, young Pirates. Then come back next week and beat the Knights that say Ucf.

Saturday – 11/29

North Carolina Tar Heels (6-5) vs NC State Wolfpack (6-5)
Time: 12:30 PM
TV: ACC Network

Hide the defense and make sure the scoreboard can handle big numbers. These two rivals have thrived all year on big offenses and not so much defenses. The winner will probably improve their bowl positioning along with the inevitable bragging rights. Still it will be probably be a good game to watch.

Live Feed

NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule
NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule /

Busting Brackets

  • NFL rumors: Kyler Murray sticking in AZ? Eagles mole, Joe Flacco's job just got even harderFanSided
  • AFC North Power Rankings: Browns, Ravens, and Bengals making playoff pushDawg Pound Daily
  • How Much is My Apex Legends Account Worth?DBLTAP
  • Joe Flacco's performance raises questions about the value of Deshaun Watson's record-breaking contractDawg Pound Daily
  • Fantasy Football: 3 must-start QBs that could carry you to the next round of playoffsFantasy CPR
  • Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-5) vs Idaho Vandals (1-9)
    Time: 2:00 PM
    TV: ESPN3

    App State cannot go to a bowl this year because of its transitional status, but they have a chance at a winning record and have already guaranteed a winning conference record. To do this they face Coach Petrino, Paul not Bobby. Marcus Cox could reach 1500 yards with a huge day against the Vandals.

    Duke Blue Devils (8-3) vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-8)
    Time: 7:00 PM
    TV: ESPNU

    Remember when I said UNC-NCSU is a good rivalry game to watch, that is not necessarily the case here. Duke does not have much to play for here, while Wake could use another win to feel better going into next season. However Duke is better at finding points than Virginia Tech was last week.