Open Letter to Chris Bosh

facebooktwitterreddit

Dear Mr. Chris Bosh,

I would like to thank you for taking the money. Thank you for staying with our divisional rival Miami Heat and taking the most money possible. Thank you for taking the max deal with the five years over the max offer sheet for four.

Live Feed

Minnesota Timberwolves G-League affiliate acquires NBA veteran Lance Stephenson
Minnesota Timberwolves G-League affiliate acquires NBA veteran Lance Stephenson /

Dunking with Wolves

  • Lance Stephenson sends bold message to Knicks about hopeful NBA returnDaily Knicks
  • Endangered: the rapid extinction of the 2010 NBA Draft classHoops Habit
  • Paul George compares Dillon Brooks to this former Pacers' star8 Points, 9 Seconds
  • Indiana Pacers: Team legend signs with new team8 Points, 9 Seconds
  • Indiana Pacers: All-time fan favorite starting lineup8 Points, 9 Seconds
  • Yeah, you’re in the middle of a legacy campaign right now, trying to prove that it wasn’t just LeBron James that won those titles. You’ve come out and said that LeBron suppressed your production in favor of his own. Good luck with that. You don’t need to prove you’re a good player by diminishing LeBron, just go out and play.

    But back to the thank you note. Thank you for turning down the Houston Rockets, because if you had signed with the Rockets, they would have bitten the bullet and matched the offer the Dallas Mavericks made to small forward Chandler Parsons. Parsons would have stayed with the Rockets, instead of signing with the Dallas Mavericks.

    Sep 29, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Charlotte Hornets guard Lance Stephenson (1) during Media Day at Time Warner Cable Arena. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

    Which comes down to the real point of the thank you note. Thank you for making the Rockets take a cost-benefit analysis of matching Chandler Parsons. If Parsons had not signed with the Dallas Mavericks, then the Mavericks would have exercised their backup plan at small forward. That backup plan? Lance Stephenson.

    Reports by Jared Swirling of the Bleacher Report indicate that the Mavericks had a verbal agreement to sign Stephenson if they failed to get Parsons. The contract would have been shorter but a better rate than the contract that he ultimately signed with the Hornets. Stephenson is a swingman, and he can play some small forward.

    Thank you Chris Bosh by firing the dominos in the way that helped the Hornets most. Hopefully we will repay you by showing how good we are when we play you over the course of the season.

    Sincerely,
    John Woodcock