Panthers vs Bills, Panthers lose 20-18

facebooktwitterreddit

The Carolina Panthers fell 20-18 to the Buffalo Bills in a preseason game. There was no lack of effort. Let’s look at five things we learned from Panthers vs Bills.

More from Carolina Panthers

1.The first team defense can’t give up drives like the one Buffalo started the game with

That was truly a scary moment. I was relying on Yahoo gametracker at the time and watched the little yahoo arrow march right down the field. The drive was aided by misplaying Sammy Watkins. On Yahoo, they had the wrong quarterback mentioned, making things appear worse than they were. For a few minutes, I thought THAD LEWIS was marching down the field. Fortunately I found the station on my television, and I did not have to rely on Yahoo for the rest of the night.

2.Kelvin Benjamin Can Catch Touchdowns

Benjamin made a heck of a catch on a fly route from Derek Anderson. He lost his footing and then regained it just in time to make the catch and fall into the endzone. Most of Benjamin’s work will come when he is upright, but it was good to see him make plays when in difficulty.

3.Josh Norman loves the preseason

Norman intercepted quarterback Jeff Tuel. Norman also had four interceptions in the preseason last year. This why we always keep the Norman watch out, one day he may deliver when it matters.

Live Feed

Dolphins' huge loss and Chiefs' defeat add to the AFC playoff race excitement
Dolphins' huge loss and Chiefs' defeat add to the AFC playoff race excitement /

BuffaLowDown

  • NFL playoffs: Breaking down the massive six-way Wild Card tie in the AFCNFL Spin Zone
  • Patriots News: DeAndre Hopkins, Mac Jones, Jerod Mayo and Taylor SwiftMusket Fire
  • Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers: Early Week 15 odds and predictionJust Blog Baby
  • Dream NY Jets first-round pick officially declares for 2024 NFL DraftThe Jet Press
  • Commanders vs. Rams prediction, odds, spread, injuries, trends for NFL Week 15Ramblin' Fan
  • 4.Tavarres King should make the roster

    King had a couple of very nice catches as the Panthers tried to make a game of it in the fourth quarter. King was the most productive receiver on the field with 50 yds receiving and 4 receptions. He was not lacking in style points either. He came back to a Joe Webb ball and then lurched forward for a first down.

    5.Joe Webb has Grit

    Webb is technically the fourth quarterback on the Panthers and has played some receiver in his career, but he really played tough in the fourth quarter. He was 11 of 17 for 115 yards and a sweet touchdown to Brandon Williams. Then following a Panthers onside kick recovery, Webb had a ball bounce off the hands of his receiver Marcus Lucas and intercepted.

    Webb’s toughest play was a run where he escaped the pocket and then got low and pushed for a few more yards.

    Other Notes:

    Panthers went for two every time but one with Graham Gano out.
    Cam Newton did not play.
    Panthers recovered an onside kick with a 1:37 to go, so it was good night for backup kicker Jordan Gay, despite missing the experimental longer extra point.
    Former Tar Heel DaNorris Searcy intercepted a pass for the Bills from third quarterback Matt Blanchard.
    Former Wolfpacker Manny Lawson recovered a Blanchard fumble.

    Please like our Facebook page, here. We are striving for 100 likes.