Report: Knicks to Trade Wayne Ellington

facebooktwitterreddit

Wayne Ellington could be on the move again. Ellington was just acquired by the New York Knicks in the trade that sent Raymond Felton and Tyson Chandler to Dallas. Now it looks like the Knicks are shipping Ellington’s expiring deal right back out.

More from Hornets Rumors

Sam Amick of USA Today reports that the Knicks and the Kings have come to a deal to send guard Wayne Ellington, forward Jeremy Tyler, and a 2016 second round draft pick to the Sacramento Kings for forwards Quincy Acy. The Knicks also agreed to remove draft protection on a second round pick that they had previously sent the Kings in 2013.

Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork reports that NY Knicks general manager Steve Mills was searching for balance with this trade. I presume this means the Knicks got a little bit bigger, gaining Travis Outlaw, and losing Ellington. Outlaw will back up Carmelo Anthony at the small forward. Outlaw is not a natural trade target for Phil Jackson, as Outlaw does not have a reputation as a defender.

Live Feed

NBA Rumors: Bulls trade plans defy all logic in franchise’s current state
NBA Rumors: Bulls trade plans defy all logic in franchise’s current state /

FanSided

  • Why it's not the time to give up on Rockets' Jalen GreenSpace City Scoop
  • 3 Former Celtics Failing Miserably With Their New Teams in 2023Chowder and Champions
  • NBA Trade Rumors: Miami Heat expected to 'kick tires' on pursuing Pascal Siakam?Sir Charles In Charge
  • NBA Rumors: Lakers are actively shopping D'Angelo Russell after allLake Show Life
  • Best NBA prop bets today for Lakers vs. Mavericks (Anthony Davis is dominating)Lake Show Life
  • Quincy Acy showed some improved game during the Kings’ Summer League Championship run in Las Vegas including an ugly but effective three point shot. It is not known if Acy will be in the future plans of the Knicks or not.

    Jeremy Tyler is playing on a non-guaranteed contract and so most likely will not be part of the Kings’ plans after this trade.

    How this trade is helpful for Wayne Ellington (Is it?)

    I swear Wayne, somebody in this League wants you. Ellington enters another new situation where he can try to make an impact. The Kings are looking to win, but Ellington will have a hard time finding minutes with Ben McLemore, Nick Stauskas, and Rudy Gay around. Maybe the Kings will make the 10th man for insurance. Or maybe the Kings will just trade him to someone else, because that has never happened.

    Please like our Facebook page, here. We are striving for 100 likes.