Aug 9, 2013; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers guard Amini Silatolu (66) runs on the field prior to the start of the game against the Chicago Bears. The Panthers defeated the Bears 24-17. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Carolina Panthers Camp 'Update' 8/27

Storylines keep coming at Panthers training camp which isn’t very old and the Charlotte Observer has been on top of it, so here are some of things they are covering from camp.

Amini Silatolu is Back

Joseph Person caught up with Amini Silatolu from a couple questions.

This is what injuries do. I had forgotten Silatolu had gone down, and noting that the same guys behind him are the same guys competing for left tackle it is a good thing that he did. Fans can look forward to their favorite small school guy with the big frame and big name road grading again this year at guard. Hopefully the rest of the line will be sorted out soon.

Trai Turner is Getting First Team Work

Jonathan Jones caught up with All-Pro center Ryan Kalil to talk about rookie guard Trai Turner at FanFest.

Turner was drafted in the third round out of Louisiana State University. The fact that Kalil says nice things about him in the piece is important, because the Panthers are looking for answers on the offensive line. If the young Turner can provide them, so much the better. To be decided at Carolina Panthers camp.

Tyler Gaffney Out For Season

Steve Reed reports for the AP that Panthers rookie running back Tyler Gaffney tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee. This will require surgery that will cause him to miss the season.

Gaffney was a major producer for Stanford during his college days, and any insurance at the running back position is valued. However for those of us who never saw him play, it is hard to know what we’ve lost. Seeing as Stanford ran an offense with lots of pro concepts, Gaffney’s learning curve might have been shorter. You never wish injury or ill on anyone, and we hope Gaffney has a full recovery.

Want more from Old North Banter?
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix.
Enter your email and stay in the know.

Tags: Amini Silatolu Carolina Panthers Trai Turner Tyler Gaffney

comments powered by Disqus