Pseudo NFL Predictions

facebooktwitterreddit

For the past few days, I have puttering around the various NFL divisions to see who was stowing away all the North Carolina talent. We found that it is spread quite evenly through the League. Sure there are teams who have none and some teams that have an abundance, but it evens out for the most part.

More from Carolina Panthers

The next issue to hit is this: What if this were the sole determinant for success in the NFL? Who would win the Super Bowl this year? Who win their respective divisions? What would happen in the playoffs? We will only look at quantity, not quality, of North Carolina talent to simulate the season and make some NFL predictions.

AFC Predictions:
AFC EAST Champion: Buffalo Bills (7)
AFC NORTH Champion: Cincinnati Bengals (5)
AFC SOUTH Champion: Houston Texans (3)
AFC WEST Champion: Denver Broncos (6)
AFC WILD CARDS: New York Jets (6), Pittsburgh Steelers (4)

NFC Predictions:
NFC EAST Champion: Dallas Cowboys (3)
NFC NORTH Champion: Detroit Lions (8)
NFC SOUTH Champion: Carolina Panthers (4)
NFC WEST Champion: St. Louis Rams (6)
NFC WILD CARDS: Chicago Bears (7), Seattle Seahawks (5)

From this point you can probably figure out the final result, but let’s put it into the Playoffs and see what would happen. To determine the scores, I will try to balance the figures and give an additional field goal to the home team to represent home field advantage.

AFC WILD CARD ROUND

Cincinnati Bengals 17 Pittsburgh Steelers 7
It’s 5 to 4, and so a close win for the home team Bengals.

New York Jets 21 Houston Texans 10
It’s 6 to 3, so the road team Jets win comfortably.

Dec 9, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte (22) rushes into the end zone for a touchdown during the third quarter against the Dallas Cowboys at Soldier Field. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports

NFC WILD CARD ROUND

Seattle Seahawks 14 Carolina Panthers 10
Again it’s 5 to 4, favoring the road team Seahawks slightly.

Chicago Bears 28 Dallas Cowboys 10
This is a 7 to 3, so the road Bears win easily in Dallas.

AFC DIVISONAL ROUND

Denver Broncos 24 Cincinnati Bengals 14
Broncos hold a mere 6 to 5 edge over the Bengals.

Buffalo Bills 38 New York Jets 28
This is where the NFL Playoffs are unfair. The Jets have the third most players, but instead of coin flipping with the Broncos, their on the road the first weekend and out. This was a 7:6 matchup.

NFC DIVISONAL ROUND

Detroit Lions 38 Seattle Seahawks 21
This is an 8 to 5 matchup favoring the home team Lions.

Chicago Bears 21 St. Louis Rams 17
This is a 7 to 6 matchup favoring the road team Bears.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Buffalo Bills 38 Denver Broncos 28
This is another 7:6 matchup slightly favoring the Bills.

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Detroit Lions 45 Chicago Bears 35
The Lions win the NFC at home over the Bears.

Aug 29, 2013; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick (41) scores a touchdown against the Buffalo Bills during the first half at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports

SUPER BOWL XLIX

Detroit Lions 42 Buffalo Bills 35
No need to play the season. By the law that this North Carolina based football talent I declare the Detroit Lions Super Bowl Champions! Wait, didn’t I say Detroit was cursed? Awkward.