NC Players on NFC West Rosters

facebooktwitterreddit

Part 8 brings us to our last round up, the NFC West. This division includes the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks, contender San Francisco 49ers, often hopeful but just missing Arizona Cardinals, and the slowly threatening St. Louis Rams. It is a division defined by its defensive units, whether it is the Pete Carroll inspired Seahawks, Patrick Willis-led 49ers, or the Chris Long-Robert Quinn defensive line for the Rams. So let’s go find our guys.

Aug. 24, 2013; Glendale, AZ, USA: Arizona Cardinals guard Jonathan Cooper against the San Diego Chargers during a preseason game at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Jonathan Cooper –G –North Carolina
Ted Larsen –C –NC State
Kareem Martin –DE –North Carolina

Cooper could be a key piece for the Cardinals if he can get healthy. Martin should be an interesting rookie to watch as he really came on as a senior, and he won’t be targeted this year.

ST. LOUIS RAMS

Travis Bond –G –North Carolina
Matt Daniels –SS –Duke
Chris Givens –WR –Wake Forest
William Hayes –DE –Winston Salem State
Brian Quick –WR –Appalachian State
Robert Quinn –DE –North Carolina

We almost reached Detroit levels of awesomeness. Givens found ways to get open at Wake. Quick is probably the last man who was on the Appalachian team that beat Michigan to leave Boone. Quinn is a rising star. His hidden advantage is a high motor fed by an appreciation for how short life can be.

More from Carolina Panthers

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Dontae Johnson –FS –NC State
Daniel Kilgore –C –Appalachian State
Joe Looney –G –Wake Forest

The 49ers put me at a loss, but I don’t think anyone would mess with a team whose center is named Kilgore and its guard is named Looney. That would make anyone think twice.

Feb 2, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Seattle Seahawks kicker Steven Hauschka (4) makes a field goal against the Denver Broncos during the first quarter in Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Michael Brooks –DT –East Carolina
Steven Hauschka –K –NC State
Cooper Heflet –TE –Duke
Nate Isles –OT –North Carolina A&T
JR Sweezy –G –NC State

As the Super Bowl champs, the Seahawks have an appropriate amount of Old North State talent. This is magnified by the presence of Hauschka, who is involved every time the Seahawks score except for two pointers and safeties. I did not put Russell Wilson here as his profile reads ‘Wisconsin,’ but it would not be difficult to include him on the fun.