Danny Manning Named Court Coach For U18 USA Basketball Team

facebooktwitterreddit

Danny Manning has been selected as a court coach for the 2014 USA Basketball Men’s U18 National Team training camp that will take place June 10-19 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center (USOTC) in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Manning, recently hired to take over the program at Wake Forest, is one of three court coaches will help Billy Donovan, the head coach of the U18 team, and assistants Ed Cooley of Providence and Sean Miller of Arizona during the first three days of camp.

"Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports“It’s an honor and a privilege to be involved with USA Basketball again. Having played for Team USA, I know how special it is to represent your country on the basketball court,” Manning said. “I’m looking forward to working with a great coaching staff and a talented group of players as they prepare to face some of the best competition the world has to offer.”"

As a player, Manning won a bronze medal with Team USA at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. He was also a silver medalist at the 1987 Pan American games in Indianapolis, Ind.

Next month’s training camp will be used to select the 12-member roster for the USA team that will play in the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship, which is scheduled for June 20-24 at the USOTC.