Danica Patrick Out Of Sprint All-Star Race

facebooktwitterreddit

Danica Patrick didn’t race her way into the field for Saturday’s Sprint All-Star race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The fans didn’t vote her into the event either, as they did in 2013.

So that means one of NASCAR’s most recognizable names–and faces–won’t be competing Saturday night with a $1 million dollar payday on the line.

Patrick started seventh and finished 10th out of 23 drivers in a 40-lap qualifier. Clint Bowyer won the event to earn his spot in Saturday’s All-Star race, while Patrick lost out in the fan voting to little-known Josh Wise.

“It’s my understanding that I had more votes than I did last year, but you know, it is what it is,” Patrick said after the voting results were revealed. “I don’t doubt my fans at all. I know they voted, and I’m grateful for all they did to try and get me in the race.”