Michael Jordan Backs Adam Silver Banning Donald Sterling

facebooktwitterreddit

Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan fully supported NBA commissioner Adam Silver’s landmark decision to ban Donald Sterling, the owner of the L.A. Clippers, for life from the league Tuesday following racist remarks Sterling made last week.

The day after the Bobcats were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs by the Miami Heat, Jordan released a statement following Silver’s press conference that announced the punishment handed down to Sterling.

“I applaud NBA Commissioner Adam Silver’s swift and decisive response today,” Jordan said in the statement. “He sent a powerful message that there can be zero tolerance for racism and hatred in the NBA. I’m confident that the league, our players and our fans will move on from this stronger and more unified.”