ACC Tournament 2013: Virginia vs. North Carolina State Preview

facebooktwitterreddit

The Virginia Cavaliers stole the show at the end of the regular season to take the fourth seed away from North Carolina State. Now the two teams will play each other and we will get to see who really deserved it to begin with.

January 29, 2013; Charlottesville, VA USA; Virginia Cavaliers forward/center Mike Tobey (10), North Carolina State Wolfpack forward T.J. Warren (24), Cavaliers forward Akil Mitchell (25), and Wolfpack guard Tyler Lewis (12) battle for the ball in the second half at John Paul Jones Arena. The Cavaliers won 58-55. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

North Carolina State began the season as the favorites to win the ACC, but simply put they’ve choked their way to the higher section of the middle of the ACC standings.

North Carolina State is now 23-9 overall and 11-7 in the ACC. Virginia is 21-10 overall with an ACC record of 11-7.

This will be the second game this season between NC State and Virginia this season. The Cavaliers upset the No. 23 Wolfpack by three points back in January, 58-55.

This is a tough game to predict a winner. Both are evenly matched up and both are capable of winning the game.

I said NC State is the dark-horse to win the tournament, and I’m sticking to my guns and saying they will beat Virginia today.