ACC Tournament 2013: Maryland vs. Wake Forest Preview

facebooktwitterreddit

ACC Tournament 2013: [Game 3]

No. 7 Maryland vs. No. 10 Wake Forest

Predicted Winner: Maryland

TV/Time: ESPNU, 7:00 p.m.

Mar 2, 2013; Winston Salem, NC, USA; Maryland Terrapins guard Pe

Maryland needs a win. They can still make the tournament, but they must win the ACC Tournament in order to make it. They’ve had some high profile wins along the way this season though.

The Terrapins in their final season in the ACC went 20-11 overall and 8-10 in conference play. Key wins on their resume to make the NCAA Tournament are rather impressive. They defeated [then] No. 14 North Carolina State and [then] No. 1 Duke University.

The Demon Deacons however, didn’t see as much success, but do share a victory over North Carolina State in common with Maryland. They also defeated [then] No. 2 Miami back in February.

This will be the third game between both schools this season. With a Maryland victory to advance in the ACC Tournament, the Terrapins can bring out their brooms! Maryland defeated Wake Forest twice in the regular season by a score of 86-60 and 67-57.

I expect Maryland to once again come out on top. We may even see a more aggressive Maryland team then we have yet to see this season with their need for a win. Wake Forest, has been known to upset, so don’t count them out just yet.