NC State Wolfpack Writers Wanted

facebooktwitterreddit

Old North Banter, one of the newest additions to the FanSided Sports Network, is looking to add some staff writers.

Mar 6, 2013; Raleigh, NC, USA; Wake Forest Demon Deacons forward Arnaud William Adala Moto (45) and North Carolina State Wolfpack guard Lorenzo Brown (2) and Richard Howell (center) battle for a lose ball during the second half at PNC arena. North Carolina State won 81-66. Mandatory Credit: Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports

Why should you write for us? Staff writers have a terrific opportunity to reach a large audience while building and developing their journalism skills under a professional team of editors.

Part of the mission of the FanSided Network is to encourage our community of readers to share their opinions and thoughts on their favorite teams. We strive to provide coverage from the fan’s perspective, a viewpoint that is often missing from traditional sports media. We believe sports coverage should provide much more than the facts and scores, it should give readers thoughtful and in-depth analysis, reasoned insights, entertaining anecdotes, and unique opinions.

The FanSided Network is the fastest growing and one of the largest independent sports blogging networks on the Internet. FanSided has 230+ sites, 600+ writers, 8,000 articles a month and over 4 million unique monthly visitors.

Perhaps the greatest benefit of writing for our site is having your work featured on a large platform. Every article you write is also published on SI.com Team Pages (Sports Illustrated) as part of FanSided’s partnership with Sports Illustrated. On top of that, you will be joining a community of fellow sports writers who are just as passionate about sports as you are. You will be able to work with professional editors to help improve your writing skills and prepare you for a career in journalism.

At Old North Banter, we strive to deliver fresh updates and analysis on all of North Carolina’s professional and collegiate teams as well as the Atlanta Braves (a state favorite outside of the Tar Heel state). However, with so many teams to cover and keep track of, we are looking for some help and in need of more writers.

Teams we currently cover but are not limited to are: Atlanta Braves, Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, Duke Blue Devils, Durham Bulls, East Carolina Pirates, North Carolina State Wolfpack, North Carolina Tar Heels, and Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

If you have an interest in writing about any of the above teams or interest in covering another team not mentioned within the North Carolina fan base/regions, please contact us for more information.

If you are interested in writing for our site Old North Banter, please email our editor at bryant.douglass@fansided.com and apply by clicking here!