UNC Basketball Recruiting: Andrew Wiggins officially visiting Kansas Jayhawks

facebooktwitterreddit

One of the best prospects in recent memory, 2013 small forward Andrew Wiggins is on the second-to-last official visit of his recruitment, and he will be spending it in Lawrence, Kansas to check out the Kansas Jayhawks in detail. Next week, he will have the final official trip of his recruitment, and it will be spent in Chapel Hill as a final push from Roy Williams and the North Carolina Tar Heels for the all-world prospect.

Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

Wiggins is a Florida State Seminoles lean, but he is also high on the Kentucky Wildcats, even as reports have surfaced that UK might not  be as much of a factor as some think. Kentucky, Florida State, Kansas, and UNC all have their fair shot at landing Wiggins, and these last two official visits will be especially crucial for the Jayhawks and Tar Heels, as they look to gain ground on FSU and the Wildcats.

The Naismith Player of the Year officially visited Kentucky last week, and his official trip to Tallahassee came in early December, and most people are tabbing Wiggins to FSU. I agree with that prediction, but I think things are quite wide open and a great official trip from either UNC or KU could change things.

According to the piece I linked to above, a source told Busting Brackets that Wiggins loves the campus life at Florida State, and the parents angle is just one aspect of his love for FSU.

This visit to Kansas will be extremely important for UNC fans to keep an eye on, because Williams and the Tar Heels will undoubtedly have to top it (and then some) next weekend in order to pry the top-ranked recruit in the ridiculously talented 2013 class.

You can follow Joe Soriano on Twitter @SorianoJoe.