UNC Basketball Recruiting: Tar Heels host Harry Giles

facebooktwitterreddit

Although Harry Giles is not yet rated by most recruiting sites since he is just a freshman, the North Carolina Tar Heels 2016 target is, in my opinion, the best prospect in the state in 2016 and could potentially be the top-rated power forward prospect in the class overall. Either way, Giles is a five-star recruit and clearly one of the elite prospects to watch for; especially in the state of North Carolina.

Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

This weekend, Giles is on an unofficial visit to UNC where he will look to drink in the atmosphere of Chapel Hill. He was in attendance to watch the Tar Heels crucial, high-scoring victory over the Virginia Cavaliers. UNC is the third team in the state that Giles has taken an unofficial visit to since the fall, as he visited the North Carolina State Wolfpack in October and then the Duke Blue Devils a week after.

The recruitment for Giles will be one of the hottest battles in the basketball recruiting sphere, especially in the state of North Carolina in the incredible Triangle rivalry on Tobacco Road. Giles does not have an offer yet as he is only in the 2016 class, but it won’t be long before Giles is one of the most spoken-about names in the recruiting world.

Giles has drawn interest from Duke, UNC, N.C. State, Florida State, Kentucky, Wake Forest, and even Old Dominion. His high school team (Wesleyan Christian Academy) is in High Point, but Giles is a Winston-Salem native and plays AAU ball for the CP3 All-Stars, so the Demon Deacons do have one potential advantage in his recruitment.

I bet Giles enjoyed his visit to Chapel Hill to watch the UVA game, but we’ll see how things went for arguably one of the best five recruits in the 2016 class. I’ll keep my eyes out for more information on Giles, because this guy has the size (6’8″, 205 pounds already), ridiculous athletic ability, deadly offensive game in the paint, and even the kind of passing ability in a PF that coaches salivate at. So yeah, Giles is most definitely an elite player.

You can follow Joe Soriano on Twitter @SorianoJoe.