NC State Basketball Recruiting: Julius Randle Left Off All American Roster

facebooktwitterreddit

Yesterday the rosters for the East and West McDonald’s All American teams were announced. Shockingly, one name was not listed on either of the rosters that sent a few shock waves through out the college basketball world and Wolfpack fan base.

Feb 2, 2013; Raleigh, NC, USA; North Carolina State Wolfpack dancers perform during the first half against the Miami Hurricanes at PNC Arena. Mandatory Credit: Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports

North Carolina State will be represented by one lone player Anthony Barber. They won’t however be representing by a potential Wolfpacker in addition to Barber.

One recruit that is leaning heavily towards the Wolfpack, Julius Randle, won’t be playing in the game at all this year. In fact, he wasn’t even selected to be on the roster.

It was reported that his broken foot (that he broke on November 24th) is the reason Randle was not selected. However, there is still hope that Randle will be selected before the game in April to play in the McDonald’s All American game.

Randle will return tonight for his senior night game.

The director of the McDonald’s All American Game, Douglas Freeland, released the following statement in regards to Randle not being selected to play in the prestigious game:

“We are aware that following his injury earlier this season, 2013 McDonald’s All American Nominee Julius Randle is preparing for his return to the court. Although Randle does not appear on the 2013 Roster today, the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee will be closely watching his play over the next few weeks as he finishes his senior season. The McDonald’s All American Games have featured the top prep talent for 36 years, and if Julius Randle returns as the Julius Randle we knew earlier this season, we are open to naming him to the team just as we did with Derrick Whittenberg in 1979 and Sam Perkins in 1980. We want to make sure that any player that takes the court on April 3 at Chicago’s United Center is capable of competing at the highest level.”

Randle will be visiting Kansas on Saturday to watch the Jayhawks game.