UNC Basketball Recruiting: Trey Lyles Cuts the Tar Heels

facebooktwitterreddit

Five-star power forward, Trey Lyles, is a hot commedity in college basketball. Coaches across the country are out seeking his services.

Feb, 8, 2012; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; North Carolina Tar Heels mascots comes on to the floor before the game at the Dean E. Smith Center. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

On Sunday night, the six foot-ten inch and two-hundred and thirty pound forward narrowed his list of college choices down to six schools and announced them via Instagram. The six schools that top Lyles list are: Butler, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville and UCLA.

"“I’m just focused on those schools,” he told the Courier-Journal. “I like the style they play, they have rich legacies, have good coaches, and I feel like I could be comfortable at any of them.”"

North Carolina had been on his short list for a while, but had been considered a long shot to land the five-star forward from Indianapolis, Indiana. As an Indiana native, he had once been committed to the Hoosiers, but things have changed. With a new list and campus visits coming up soon, he plans to announced a decision after his senior year.

He just visited the University of Kentucky on Saturday and visited the University of Lousiville last week. He has also made a trip to Butler. Now he is looking to visit Duke, Florida and UCLA in the future.

For 2014, North Carolina has already landed point guard Joel Berry and still have four offers out to recruits that have yet to make a decision.

Be sure to follow Bryant on Twitter @bryantdouglass!