Report: James Michael McAdoo Injured

facebooktwitterreddit

The Fayetteville Observer is reporting some news that could very well spell trouble for the Tar Heels as they travel to Durham to play the No.2 Duke Blue Devils.

Feb 9, 2013; Coral Gables, FL, USA; Miami Hurricanes forward/center Kenny Kadji (35) blocks the shot of North Carolina Tar Heels forward James Michael McAdoo (43) during the first half at the BankUnited Center. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has said that there are some concerns about forward James Michael McAdoo and his back. He apparently sustained an injury last Tuesday when the Tar Heels hosted the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

"“We’ve been very concerned about his back for the last week or so,” Coach Williams said during the ACC coaches teleconference on Monday."

Reportedly, McAdoo left the game last week against Wake Forest during the second half complaining of discomfort in his lower back.

McAdoo, who struggled against [then] No. 8 Miami, will be needed when North Carolina plays their Tobacco Road rival Duke Wednesday night. McAdoo’s experience will be greatly needed to defend Mason Plumlee.

How McAdoo responds to the Tar Heels embarrassing defeat in Miami will be key to North Carolina’s chances of upsetting the Blue Devils.

"“I hope he bounces back greatly,’’ Williams said. “I’ve had some players in the past – Kirk Hinrich [at Kansas], when he played poorly, the next game, he was going to be off the charts good. I told him I’d rather he play real good and real good.”"

North Carolina travels to Durham on Wednesday to play No. 2 Duke is college basketball’s biggest rivalry.