Charlotte Bobcats at New York Knicks Game Notes

facebooktwitterreddit

Some random bits and pieces after yesterday’s heart-breaking loss to the New York Knicks.

1. J.R. Smith was a wasteful (as usual) 6-16 from the floor, but the only thing people will remember is his buzzer beater. That’s really the only thing most Charlotte Bobcats fans will remember too. What a heart-breaker, because this would have been a great early season upset to have on the ol’ resume.

Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

2. It’s great to have Gerald Henderson back, especially when he’s putting up 18 points and six boards off the bench. He shot 50% from the floor, and his three-ball has been a joy to watch.

3. I support the Pittsburgh Panthers, and that’s why I had so much respect for Kemba Walker when he came into the draft. Now, I have even more respect for him. The second-year guard is just lighting up the NBA right now, and he put up 25 points while also dishing out 11 assists on the Knicks. And oh yeah, he only turned the ball over once. I can’t wait to see him notch his second double-double of the year.

4. Ben Gordon and Henderson were immensely valuable scorers off the bench, and Gordon is turning back the clock with more efficient displays. He drained three three-pointers en route to an efficient night that yielded 17 points, and he and Walker are as hot as anybody in the NBA right now.

5. Even with those guys putting up big numbers, rookie Jeff Taylor still played 39 minutes in this game. He filled out the stat sheet with six points, three assists, and three boards.

6. The Bobcats played a great game against the Knicks, and I still can’t believe they lost this one. I thought they played better than the Knicks by out-shooting, out-rebounding, and playing more efficient basketball. This one stings for sure.

You can follow Joe Soriano on Twitter @SorianoJoe.